Welcome to Environmental Solutions Ltd.
Since 1991 ESL has been a leader of environmental companies in Jamaica, striving for the preservation of the fragile balance that exists between environment and development. For our clients, we continue to aid them to better understand the many reasons and benefits accruing from business practices that complement the environment and improve standard of living and quality of life for staff, customers and the general community. We should all acknowledge the importance of the natural environment in our planning.
Do you have business initiatives that may require our range of services?
You may refer to our services page or contact us today.
Always remember that the natural environment (this planet) is the only one we have. So the inclination to want to see our people, your friends, family and future generations have a natural environment through which they can grow, play and thrive should be a leading priority.
ESL: Leading the Charge for Better Regional Environmental Practices
In October 2016, we were the proud recipients of the National Quality Award for Excellence in the Small and Medium Enterprise category. Longstanding commitments to our clients, the highest quality results together with excellence in service, communication and end delivery are some of the requirements of our team that we believe led to ESL receiving this prestigious award.
The National Quality Awards (NQA) Programme is Jamaica’s first quality systems based awards ceremony. It seeks to recognize and reward local companies that demonstrate the application of standards and quality systems in both the production of goods and delivery of services.
- To avoid climate catastrophe, we need to work on carbon storage.With sufficient investment and strategic deployment, carbon dioxide removal and storage can play a key role in keeping global warming to a level we can live with.
- Protecting Louisiana: Projects aim to strengthen for storms.Louisiana will spend nearly $277 million in federal cash it received after last year's floods to fortify communities against future disasters, mainly through drainage improvements and buyouts of flood-prone properties.
- A new hurricane season is here. Why NC is still waiting for money to clean up from the last one.North Carolina residents and communities still reeling from Hurricane Matthew could soon have access to hundreds of millions more federal dollars – even as they brace for the next storm.
- World's young face $535 trillion bill for climate.One of the world’s most famous climate scientists has just calculated the financial burden that tomorrow’s young citizens will face to keep the globe at a habitable temperature and contain global warming and climate change – a $535 trillion bill.
- VIDEO: Talking about climate change with Al Gore.In an interview, the former vice president and climate change activist reflects on what comes after the U.S. withdrawal from the Paris agreement.
- Past extinctions point to a current and future biodiversity crisis.Rapid climate change is a unifying feature of ancient mass extinctions – how bad might it be now?
- 3 ways EVs could sideswipe the 'rules' of urban livingOr, what I learned by attending the inaugural Formula-E championship race in New York.
- Why British coffee and tea maker Taylors prioritizes supplier resilienceFor Taylors of Harrogate, the family-owned company behind the Yorkshire Tea brand, helping farmers source coffee and tea ethically and sustainably is a long-term business strategy.
- Can activist investors encourage better carpet recycling?Only 1 percent of carpet discards are turned back into new carpet. Here's one formula for change.
- This investor dashboard visualizes progress (or lack thereof) on climate risksU.K. investment giant Schroders warns planet is on track for more than 4 degrees Celsius of warming.
- Microsoft on the value of power purchase agreementsThe energy market has changed dramatically since Microsoft signed its first power purchase agreement (PPA) in 2012, according to Brian Janous, the tech company's director of energy strategy. Back then, the idea of signing a 20-year PPA was novel, but now there is a massive uptick in companies participating in energy agreements. However, the risks of […]
- How CSR execs redefine the future of the workforcePutting the well-being of your workforce at the core of CSR strategy is key to winning talent — and the right to conduct business.
- What artificial intelligence means for sustainabilityIt’s hard to open a newspaper these days without encountering an article on the arrival of artificial intelligence. Predictions about the potential of this new technology are everywhere.
- What the rise of solar in China says about the future of EVsIn just one decade, the country used policy to help prop up the rise of solar manufacturing. Now, it's putting the same energy behind electric vehicles.